called up defenseman Ben Betker from their AHL affiliate in Bakersfield, | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » GENERAL » General Discussion
wzh123 Mar 7
MADRID, Spain -- Francisco "Isco" Alarcon delighted the several hundred Real Madrid fans with a solo display of ball control at the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium on Wednesday. Antonio Morrison Jersey . Madrid officials believe hell be a great team player, too. "Isco has what it takes to satisfy a club as immensely demanding as Real Madrid," club president Florentino Perez said at the 21-year-old midfielders presentation. "We believe in you and your talent." Iscos transfer from Malaga was completed last week, and his five-year contract was finalized after a medical exam. Perez praised Isco as one of the most creative and imaginative talents to emerge recently from Spains youth teams. He said Isco received positive appraisals from experts around the world for his performances for Spain under-21s. Isco also has one senior cap, appearing in a friendly against Uruguay in February in Qatar. "This is your house, welcome to Real Madrid," Perez said as he handed Isco a No. 23 shirt with his name on it. Ten years ago to the day, David Beckham was presented with the No. 23 shirt by Madrid great Alfredo Di Stefano when the former England captain joined the club. "We all know Beckham is a great player and he was presented 10 years ago on todays date with the same number, but I chose this number because its my brothers birthdate," Isco said. Isco helped Malaga reach the Champions League quarterfinals last season and guided Spain to the European Under-21 title this summer. He will have to vie with other attacking midfielders in Madrids star-studded dressing room, including Cristiano Ronaldo, Mesut Ozil, and Luka Modric. There are also persistent media reports that talented but troubled Uruguay forward Luis Suarez might yet arrive at Madrid from Liverpool. Isco confirmed that he had received offers from other clubs, including Manchester City, where his former coach at Malaga, Manuel Pellegrini, is now in charge. "But its impossible to say no to Real Madrid and Im convinced I will find a spot in the squad, although I am aware that its not a slot thats going to be given away to me for free, Ill have to fight for it." "Pellegrini did want me, but when I saw that Madrids offer was serious, I decided," Isco said. "I told Pellegrini that it was impossible to say no to Madrid." Madrids new coach, Carlo Ancelotti, praised Isco at his own presentation last week. Isco said he was not fixed on staying an attacking midfielder if Ancelotti thought it best to place him elsewhere on the field. "I am adaptable and can play wherever the coach decides to place me," he said. Isco is Madrids second signing this off-season after it paid Bayer Leverkusen to recover right back Daniel Carvajal. Reggie Wayne Jersey . Their experience showed Tuesday as the No. 10 Badgers blunted a Saint Louis surge to win 63-57 and advance to face West Virginia in Wednesdays finals of the Cancun Challenge. Donte Moncrief Jersey . Its sharpness matched my mind. This was no night to go to sleep. http:///...re-desir-jersey.html .Y. -- Leading 3-0 with only 11:25 left, the Colorado Avalanche committed a seemingly meaningless penalty to give the New York Islanders a power play. EDMONTON, Alberta -- Thursdays game between the St. Louis Blues and Edmonton Oilers will mark a few homecomings.All eyes will be on Nail Yakupov, who the Oilers traded to the Blues before the start of the season. Yakupov has been widely regarded as a draft bust; the first overall pick in the 2012 draft, the Russian right winger got only 50 goals in 252 games as an Oiler.In four games with the Blues, Yakupov has a goal and an assist.It is weird, Yakupov told Oilers play-by-play man Jack Michaels in a 630 CHED interview. When I was here, I didnt expect that I would stay in a hotel in this city, because I lived in this city. But, its different. But, its really good, now, we have a good team and a good group.He is fitting in, said Blues captain Alex Pietrangelo of his new teammate. Its a different environment coming in -- and new linemates. I think hes playing a pretty hard game. Hes created some really good chances. Its new systems for him ... but hes adjusting pretty well.But its another Russian who is lighting it up for St. Louis. Vladimir Tarasenko is tied for the league lead with four goals.And, Thursday will also mark the final time Ken Hitchcock will coach an NHL game in his hometown.Unless he has a change of heart, Hitchcock, an Edmonton native, is in his final season as a head coach. The Blues visit Rogers Place only once this season.The Blues have started Hitchcocks final season in blistering fashion. Despite losing 2-1 in overtime in Vancouver on Tuesday night, the Blues are 3-0-1. It marks only the second time in team history that the Blues have earned points in the first four games of a regular season.Meanwhile, the Oilers have won three of their first four, and scored 17 times in the process. Thhursdays game, though, is the teams fourth home game of the season already -- the Oilers have played just one road date. Rashaan Melvin Jersey. Because October is filled with so many home games for the Oilers, coach Todd McLellan said a good start to season isnt a want, its a need.Having home games, and needing to put some points in the bank, knowing eventually youve got to go out on the road, weve been able to do that, he said. I dont think anybody is comfortable yet, so we got some things we really need to work on. It keeps us on our edge, maybe Im being too critical of our group.The issue is that the Oilers have scored 17 (most in the Western Conference), but given up 15 (also most in the Western Conference). Each of the four games played so far this season have felt like a return to the Air Hockey Era of the 1980s.But Oilers goalie Cam Talbot turned in his best performance of the season Tuesday, stopping 31 of 33 shots after giving up six goals in a loss to Buffalo on Sunday .I need a big bounce-back game, after the game I had last. As a team, I think that sometimes we let those losses kinda snowball in the past.On Wednesday, Talbot and his wife welcomed twins to their family.Oilers defenseman Mark Fayne left Tuesdays win over Carolina with a lower-body injury. He was placed on injured reserve Wednesday and the Oilers called up defenseman Ben Betker from their AHL affiliate in Bakersfield, Calif. The Oilers did not practice Wednesday.The Blues placed Jori Lehtera, who hurt his hip Saturday in a win over the New York Rangers, on injured reserve Wednesday, which opens up a roster spot. Cheap NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys' ' '