n, and then you never know.Watch the BMW PGA Championship throug | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » GENERAL » FAQ & Tutorials
LHX1990 Mar 8
                                      NEW YORK -- Losses are piling, tempers are flaring and players are being benched. Gary Carter Jersey .Throw in all the penalties, mistakes and questionable play calling, and the New York Jets have the troubling look and feel of a dysfunctional bunch.Todd Bowles team is 3-6, matching its loss total from last season, and its playoff prospects already appear highly unlikely. The second-year coach, however, doesnt agree with the increasingly negative perception.Not at all, Bowles said during a conference call Monday. I know what reality is, so we know what everything is inside this building and were a close-knit group.But, perhaps the most glaring sign of trouble within came Sunday, when Bowles benched star defensive linemen Muhammad Wilkerson and Sheldon Richardson for the first quarter of New Yorks 27-23 loss at Miami .Bowles repeated Monday that it was a coachs decision, adding that non-injury and non-football issues are kept in-house. He also declined to say whether tardiness is an issue with the two.However, reports emerged that both Wilkerson and Richardson were disciplined for being late to a team meeting. NJ.com reported that the two have been late or no-showed more than once. NFL Network reported that Wilkerson missed a walkthrough and a defensive meeting at which his birthday was being celebrated -- complete with a cake -- the day before the game against Baltimore last month. Wilkerson did not play in that game because of an ailing ankle.Those are reports, Bowles said. Those things are handled in-house and I know how we handle things in here, and everybody is accountable for their actions. We handle things in here as we handle them, and Im perfectly fine with those two (players) commitments.When asked what makes him satisfied with both Wilkerson and Richardson, Bowles said simply: They put in work. They put in a lot of work.A sideline exchange between wide receiver Brandon Marshall and quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick appeared to get a bit heated, although both downplayed it after the game. Bowles did the same, brushing aside the notion that it was another example of a team tearing apart.We had more turmoil going last year when we won four or five in a row, Bowles said. This year is normal. Brandon and Fitz talk on the sideline all the time. Thats just football talk. That goes without saying. And, Mo and Sheldon are fine.On Monday, Marshall said it was business as usual among the players, with the focus on moving forward to their next game at home against the Los Angeles Rams on Sunday.He said he feels good about the Jets locker room, calling it one of the best Ive been in. He was lukewarm, however, when asked if he thought every player was committed to a common goal.You never know, he said. Its the National Football League. There are so many different personalities in the room. I love what Coach (Marc) Trestman said when he first got hired in Chicago, one of his first team meetings, he said: We dont need all. We just need the right ones.Tackle Ben Ijalana thinks the Jets have those guys, along with the right approach.Everyone is focused on trying to right the ship and were playing a game at home, he said. Were not trying to lull down. Were just trying to get back on the right track, continue to get these wins going.The Jets are uncertain whether Fitzpatrick will start because of a sprained left knee , and some fans and media says New York should go with second-year quarterback Bryce Petty regardless.Its expected, Marshall said of the perception that the Jets are a team in chaos. This is what happens, usually, when you lose. ... Were sitting at 3-6, were disappointed in our play, disappointed in ourselves.And the players arent alone.Bowles has taken his share of the blame, too, and had missteps in his play calls throughout the season.I havent done a good job, he said. Were 3-6. It speaks for itself. I can do a lot better job of coaching.Despite all that, though, Bowles insisted he has total control of his team.Completely, yes, he said. I know me and I know how I address the team and I know how the team responds. I have no issues with that.Penalties are a big problem, with 10 called in the game against the Dolphins. Perhaps none was as glaring as the offsides call on Antonio Allen, whose mistake on a kickoff resulted in a re-kick -- and Kenyan Drake returned it 96 yards for the go-ahead touchdown in the fourth quarter.We dont finish, Ijalana said. I would say its a combination of not finishing and sometimes starting slow. In this league, those things get you in trouble. Its very hard to win games like that.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Yoenis Cespedes Jersey . How great will be revealed in the next couple of days at the board of governors meeting in Pebble Beach, Calif. Lenny Dykstra Jersey . Roman Josi had a goal and an assist to lead the Predators to a 4-1 victory over the Dallas Stars on Monday night. http://www.baseballmetsproshop.com/mets-david-wright-jersey/ . Jim Rutherford, President and General Manager of the Carolina Hurricanes, announced Wednesday that the team would assign Swedish forward Elias Lindholm to his nations team for the upcoming tournament.Danny Willett was left encouraged by a strong start to the week on home soil as he made an early move at the BMW PGA Championship. The Masters champion carded a bogey-free 66 to sit one off the pace at Wentworth, trailing Scott Hend, former champion Y.E Yang and Joost Luiten.Willett, who was in contention at last weeks Irish Open before struggling over the weekend, followed three birdies on the front nine with three more after the turn to become the only player to sign a blemish-free card. This week is Willetts first appearance in England since last months victory at Augusta and the world No 9, whose best finish at Wentworth saw him fifth on his debut in 2010, admits enjoying his home return. Stats-wise, we probably didnt hit loads of fairways but were never in too much trouble, Willett added. Hit some great mid to short irons and rolled a few putts in.Its always nice when you come off bogey-free. It means youve played some real good golf and youve not given any stupid shots away to the golf course. Highlights from day one of tthe BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth I played the par-fives particularly average in fairness, after relatively good drives on most of them. Asdrubal Cabrera Jersey. . It could have been a really good day, but its a good, solid start to the week.Playing alongside Victor Dubuisson and Soomin Lee, Willett made a bright start with a birdie-two at the second.Being followed by large crowd, the Englishman added gains at the sixth and eighth and saw another birdie chance at the ninth lip out to reach the turn in 32. Willett is playing the event for the seventh year running The world No 9 picked up a shot at the 10th and rolled in a 10-footer at the 14th to get to five under, before getting up-and-down to leave a close-range gain at the par-five 17th.Needing another birdie at the last to join the leading group, Willett elected to lay up for par to stay one adrift of the early pacesetters. Last week in Ireland was fantastic, but there was a little bit more support out there being a home boy in England, Willett added. They dont have to be here and they dont have to come out supporting, but they do.The greens are in a little better than I think they were last year and the last couple years, and I think everyone would agree with that. Hopefully if it stays like this, so well get a nice, easy full-flowing week.Weve played pretty solid over the last few years and were up there in contention a few years back with Luke Donald in the last round.This is a place I enjoy. I enjoy the golf course and I enjoy the challenge of it. You just hope for four good days of weather and keep the crowds coming in, and then you never know.Watch the BMW PGA Championship throughout the week live on Sky Sports 4 - your home of golf Also See: Willett shines at Wentworth Lowry four off the pace First round leaderboard Donald off to fast start Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '